triggers and stored procedure

From: Loki <rinze_cats_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:07:57 +0200

hi!
what is the relation and/or difference between these triggers and stored procedures. To my knowledge they are both used to automatically perform certain actions when an event occurs. So, in what case should i define a trigger using Pl/SQL en when do I use a stored procedure?

if I am way of base here, please let me know ;-) Oh yeah, I am also looking for a good link with information on stored procedures (and how to define them)

many thanx,
rinze Received on Tue Apr 17 2001 - 08:07:57 CDT