Re: PHP and Oracle

From: Rafal Jank <yankee_at_wp-sa.pl>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 20:41:57 +0200

> 1. What do I have to change now in my PHP pages?
> I know I have to change the connection script but apart from that?
> Do I have to rewrite my code or what? Or is it all SQL and thus database
> independent...
> Restarting would be a major pain... :-(
First you have to compile PHP with OCI. Then you'll have to change the way you execute your queries, I'm affraid ; read about the OCI functions in your PHP manual.
> 2. Can I use Oracle8i to develope locally with PWS4 and WIN98.
> I downloaded the personal edition and installed it but got a lot of
> errors, then it crashed my computer and to get everything ok again I had
> to re-install windows.... man. What exactly do I need to install?
I'm not sure if you can develop your application under WIN98 - there is only Oracle Personal Edition available for this platform, and I don't know if you can connect to it from PHP. Never tried this... Received on Tue Apr 10 2001 - 13:41:57 CDT