Re: Select statement

From: Martin Roessiger <M.Roessiger_at_alcatel.de>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 09:57:16 +0200

wayne wrote:

> > How can I assign a table dynamically to a SELECT-statement? Is this
> > possible?
>
> Look at the docs under "dynamic sql"

hello all,
This kind of advise will not help the originator of the actual question.
I have exactly the same problem and i used the docu heavily, but i could not manage the problem how you can assign a (indexed) table correctly with DBMS_SQL package (dynamic SQL) to a SELECT statement.
The docu gives some examples to bind arrays for update stmts but nothing for simple selects.
I tried it, and found, that the cursor will fetch only one row of data and nothing more, even when the table contains a lot of data.

I think this is a problem a lot of people will encounter and therefore worth to be looked at .!
Thanks a lot for any help.

--
   Kind regards        Martin Roessiger
        V              Dept. :   VS/EFB4