Re: Advice on learning Oracle?

From: Greg Teets <gteets_at_rr.cinci.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 01:17:00 GMT

What programming background do you have, if any? Math background? Although math is not an absolute requirement, it gives you a structured, logical way of thinking.

Give me your background and I can give you my thoughts if you are interested. I can suggest books at a couple of different levels? How did you happen to select Oracle and Java?

If someone is telling you that you are going to make a lot of money really quickly (maybe the place that wants your $5,000), the bloom is kind of off the big earnings for new people right now.

I really enjoy Oracle. I came from an accounting background and switched careers at the age of 39 and am now 45 and really am glad that I did.

Let me know.

Greg Teets
Cincinnati, Ohio