Trouble starting database

From: Tim <tim_at_nospam.aiinet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:33:43 -0400

I have installed Oracle8i on a HP-UX machine, and created a database. However, when I try to run "dbstart" or "startup" (from the server manager) I eventually get this error message:

ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel.

I looked up this error and it mentions something about Net8, but doesn't give any good insight.

When the command finially completes it does say the database was warm started, but I am unable to log into sqlplus for the first time. It tells me that oracle is unavailable and something about shared memory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim Received on Fri Apr 06 2001 - 13:33:43 CDT