Re: How will I adapt from Pick to Oracle?

From: ysi <si_ys_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:38:25 -0500

I absolutely agree with TurkBear's point. Oracle and other RDBMs allow join query to merge data from different data sources. This is one of the greatest features that are missed by Pick. But SQL database will not do the join for you automatically nor randomly. It only do what you asked it to do. If you do not understand what the command is doing or use the wrong syntax you may got what you do not want. However, you should not blame the database.

It is the common complain from Pick users of the extra nested SQL tables for multi or multi sub values. Actually, RDBMs use a different way to deal with multi valued objects - it use multi attributes instead of multi values inside a single attribute. It is Pick sql-create-table program made such confused conversion. If you like you can change your Pick file from multi value to multi attributes then re-create your SQL table. You will eliminate the nested multi value's table.

YS