Re: Bus Error

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:26:49 +0100

Have you set appropriate variables in /etc/system? Are you 100% certain your environment is correct? ORACLE_HOME? ORACLE_BASE? ORA_NLS33?

This could be a memory bus error - which doesn't mean your memory is faulty, but that it might be trying to allocate something it's never going to get because of various limits.

I got them for a while whilst my environment was incorrect, but only in certain applications. You could try 'truss'ing sqlplus to see if that yields any clues.

Just another avenue to explore...