Re: Commits in Database Triggers

From: fumi <fumi_at_tpts5.seed.net.tw>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:13:50 +0800

> "bhogak" <bhogak_at_yahoo.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó news:20010323.3241400_at_linux.local...
> I know that we cannot use Commits/ Rollbacks in regular Database
> Triggers. I am planning to use a Trigger at Database Startup. (I am using
> Oracle 8i). I need to update my Job Control table inside this trigger.
>
> How do I save my change if I don't use Commit?

Quoted from Oracle SQL Reference:

For each of these triggering events, Oracle opens an autonomous transaction scope, fires the trigger, and commits any separate transaction (regardless of any existing user transaction).

You don't need to commit in the trigger. Received on Sun Mar 25 2001 - 23:13:50 CST