Re: Commits in Database Triggers

From: Gerard Averill <gaverill_at_chsra.wisc.eduNOSPAM>
Date: 23 Mar 2001 23:39:27 GMT

bhogak_at_yahoo.com (bhogak) wrote in <20010323.3241400_at_linux.local>:

>I know that we cannot use Commits/ Rollbacks in regular Database
>Triggers. I am planning to use a Trigger at Database Startup. (I am using
>Oracle 8i). I need to update my Job Control table inside this trigger.
>
>How do I save my change if I don't use Commit?

Check out the description of the "AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION Pragma" under Language Elements (Chapter 11) of the PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference.

Also, the following sample code is on Oracle's Oracle Technology Network website (you may need to sign up -- free -- first before you can access it):

http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/tech/pl_sql/htdocs/atxdemo.txt

HTH,

Gerard Averill