Re: URGENT: ORA-12545: TNS:name lookup failure

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:31:59 -0600

"James Alexander Starritt" <james_at_jamesstarritt.com> wrote:

>Any idea's I can't find the error listed in my Oracle error book and I don't
>have one for SQL Net...
>
>How do I troubleshoot this ?

Here:

ORA-12545 ORA-12545Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

Cause:The address specified is not valid, or the program being connected to does not exist.

Action:Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly; the most likely incorrect parameter is the node name. Ensure that the executable for the server exists (perhaps "oracle" is missing.) If the protocol is TCP/IP, edit the TNSNAMES.ORA file to change the host name to a numeric IP address and try again.

hth, Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 14:31:59 CST