OK, I broke into Oracle DBA, now I want to break into...

From: DRODRIGU1 <drodrigu1_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2001 18:29:53 GMT

After a 2 1/2 years of working as Oracle DBA, I am beginning to feel the itch of becoming an independent consultant. I am giving myself one to two more years to learn as much as possible about pros and cons of hacking it on your own.

I would like to know for example:

How do I go about getting that first contract? What key DBA experiences do I need to have to make a successful transition? Contracting vs. subcontracting...which is better? Common mistakes made by those new in the business.

I will appreciate very much your thoughts on this matter. Thanks.

Dave R. Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 12:29:53 CST