Re: oracle8.1.7

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:45:23 -0800

> I have download the Oracle 8.1.7 Windows2000 trial version software from
> Oracle web site. I could not install sucessfully.
> Would anyone please help.

I've no doubt a lot of people would be glad to help. How about you investing a few minutes in giving us some information that might allow us to do so.

What hardware?
How much RAM?
A server or client machine?
On a network and what type?
Did you configure TNSNAMES.ORA?
Did you check the Services in the Control Panel to see if they were started?

What problem are you having?
Did you read the readme file?

And on and on and on.

Give us something with which to help you. Oracle is not some dumb-as-dirt product like Access. We need lots of information from which to put together intelligent questions and/or answers.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 00:45:23 CST