Re: Forms questions

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:03:26 -0800

> Is there any known problems with upgrading a form that has been
> created by form 4 and upgrading that to a form ver5 form ??
> I will eventually like to upgrade form ver4 form to form ver6 but I
> believe I can't go straight from 4 to 6.
>
> Any suggestion would be greatly apprieciated.

Forms 4 bears absolutely no relationship to version 4.5 or 5 or 6 or 6i. You are going to have to start from scratch. Not just with the coding but also with the paradigm. The current versions are object oriented with polymorphism and inheritance and best development is done taking advantage of these features.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Mar 08 2001 - 00:03:26 CST