Re: How do I change the readsize on SQL*Loader?

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 13:33:53 -0900

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> "Calvin Crumrine" <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us> wrote in message
> > Release 8.1.5.0.0
> > Getting the message 'Readsize (65535) less than bindsize (100000)'.
> > Readsize doesn't seem to be documented-how can I change it to match the
> > bindsize?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> buffer=<bytes> Loader determines the bindsize from the buffer.
> Chances are however you run on NT and you just hit the dratted 64k limit.
> BTW 8.1.5 has been desupported.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Thanks. Strange how I could find it in the documentation now when I couldn't find it earlier-I *did* look, you know.

And yes, I've been told that 8.1.5 has been desupported but I'm ignoring that. We've been trying to move from our production 7.3.4 system for over a year now & every time we've gotten close to moving Oracle's desupported the version we're moving to, causing us to start over with a new version. I just got tired of it. Received on Wed Mar 07 2001 - 16:33:53 CST