Re: How do I change the readsize on SQL*Loader?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:21:02 +0100

"Calvin Crumrine" <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us> wrote in message news:3AA6B751.DE8055D1_at_dced.state.ak.us...
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>
> > "Calvin Crumrine" <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us> wrote in message
> > > Release 8.1.5.0.0
> > > Getting the message 'Readsize (65535) less than bindsize (100000)'.
> > > Readsize doesn't seem to be documented-how can I change it to match
 the
> > > bindsize?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > buffer=<bytes> Loader determines the bindsize from the buffer.
> > Chances are however you run on NT and you just hit the dratted 64k
 limit.
> > BTW 8.1.5 has been desupported.
> >
> > Hth,
> >
> > Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Thanks. Strange how I could find it in the documentation now when I
 couldn't
> find it earlier-I *did* look, you know.
>
> And yes, I've been told that 8.1.5 has been desupported but I'm ignoring
> that. We've been trying to move from our production 7.3.4 system for over
> year now & every time we've gotten close to moving Oracle's desupported
 the
> version we're moving to, causing us to start over with a new version. I
 just
> got tired of it.

. We've been trying to move from our production 7.3.4 system for over a year now

You are serious? What's so difficult in your particular situation that you need for over a year? If your applications don't make explicitly use of rowids, it should maybe take 4 hours per database, and that's it. You won't resolve your problems by just putting your head in the sand, and try to avoid to hear and see any new developments.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Thu Mar 08 2001 - 01:21:02 CST