Re: Oracle 8i & Red Hat 7.0

From: Dave Pulaski <dave_at_dpulaski.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:07:34 -0500

This must come up at least three times a day. Unless you already kludged your GLIBC package, forget it, it won't work. Yes, your database is not running, which is why sqlplus is bombing. But you simply won't be able to start the database because 8i is incompatible with the GLIBC that ships with Red Hat 7.0. There is a workaround, but frankly it isn't worth it. Use RH 6.2.

I know everything seems OK because the install seems to work OK. But Oracle can't relink properly so you won't be able to start it. You can't even create a database.

Dave Pulaski
Database Consultant

--
David A. Pulaski