Re: Oracle 8i & Red Hat 7.0

From: Randy Houseworth <rhousewo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:27:41 GMT

I was able to get it installed. My problem is when I try to go into sqlplus I get the message:

     ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

I'm assume this means the database has to be started? If so, what are the steps involved to get it started.

I'm new to Linux but have Oracle experience at work and usually see this message when the database is down.