Help required please:- running app (exe) when value changes in Oracle DB

From: mat clark <beech_house_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:50:40 -0000

Hi, please can anyone help me, I am a amature programmer doing a project with wml (WAP) and asp to make a site have dynamic content from an access database. As I am a complete beginner, what would be the easiest way of executing a program when certain constraints are meet in a field in the database?

To help explain what I am would like, for example:-

Say in my table I have a field called ALARM, and all the cells are always 0. When a cell changes to 1 I will then executed this application (a telnet script to dial out and sent an sms message to a mobile phone).

The database is an oracle 7.3 (ODBC DSN connection). (for development I am using a snap-shot
of this in MS access).
Some way of doing it in my some code or if anyone has seen a utility.

Can this easily be done?

Any help will be appreciated

Regards
Matthew Received on Sun Feb 25 2001 - 15:50:40 CST