Re: Copying Database from One location to Another

From: raj <kdhakal_at_eline.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:07:48 GMT

Thanks Alex, Like you said I copied all the files to another machine. But when I did, startup mount I got this error; ORA-00227: corrupt block detected in controlfile: (block 1, # blocks 1) ORA-00202: controlfile: '/u07/rocco/control01.ctl' Note: this is the control file I copied from original database. I thought one of controlfile might be bad so I tried to copy from each one( I have three copy of controlfile) but result is the same. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

"Alex Filonov" <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net> wrote in message news:3A9497B7.DA69C199_at_pro-ns.net...
> kush wrote:
>
> > hi! Could anyone tell me what are the steps to create a database in new
> > location by reusing
> > the controlfiles, datafiles, redologfiles and arch. files(if needed)
 from