Re: How do I install a Management Server?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:57:06 -0000

Not really catch22 is it. The oem management infrastructure goes like this for 8i. Note these are 3 distinct logical layers and so can be installed on 3 or less seperate machines).

management workstation - runs oem console

management server         - runs oms
oms repository               - runs oracle server.

the console will run on any windows client ( well ok not 3.x)

the management server and the repository are server based applications and so not unreasonably require a server os. (in fact I think OMS requires either NT/win2k or Solaris). So you have the following options

  1. do not use OEM to manage your database. use dba studio or sql*plus.
  2. Use NT/Win2k as your OS.

Where is that database that you wish to manage located? win98 only runs Oracle personal as far as I know.

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA