Re: Please help - dependancies

From: Alain Walrant <alain.walrant_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:38:16 +0100

A public synonym does never have the priority on the user own object. Suppose you have a public synonym EMP and a user A having it's own object EMP, then under user A the definition of object EMP always refer to the user's object.

So if EMP public synonym refer to a package and A.EMP refer to a table, the object EMP is a table for user A.

For the dependanecy, it depens under which user the procedure Query_Emp is definded.
If the Query_Emp belongs to A and you create an A.EMP table then the procedure will become invalid.

Hope it helps.
Alain.