Re: Cannot use system rollback segment error during install of Oracle 8.1.7ee on Windows 2000 Advanced server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:50:07 +0100

You have only one rollback segment, SYSTEM. This is a special rollback segment which is being used to rollback DDL. You can't use it for ordinary transactions, as the error states.
To resolve the problem
create rollback segment rb_temp
storage (initial 1m next 1m minextents 4) tablespace system;

alter rollback segment rb_temp online;

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA