Cannot use system rollback segment error during install of Oracle 8.1.7ee on Windows 2000 Advanced server

From: Terry Adams <tadams111_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:50:29 -0000

Hello,
I wonder if anyone knows about this...
During installation of Oracle version 8.1.7ee on Windows 2000 Advanced server with no service packs installed when it was in the 'Adding Oracle intermedia' phase of a database creation I received the following error notification:

Oracle 01552 Cannot use system rollback segment for non-system table space DRSYS This happened when the progress bar was at 97% of database creation. Selecting the ignore button does not dismiss the error notification. When I clicked OK I was notified that Oracle database configuration assistant failed. Any suggestions on what I should do next would be welcome and has anyone out there successfully done what I am trying to do?

Terry Adams
Programmer Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 09:50:29 CST