Re: Access to Oracle over a remote

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 20:16:34 -0800

> I have a client machine that will run a query on an access database using
> VB(ADO). I then need to push the results to a remote server and write
> those results to oracle 8.1.7 (located on the remote server). This
> connection needs to be secure. Any ideas or suggestions on what direction
> I should take on this? I'm a little lost. Thank you much.

What you are asking for is impossible. There is no such thing as Access, VB, ADO, Windows, and secure.

The best you can do is extract the data as an encrypted ASCII file. Write a stored procedure in the Oracle database to decrpt. Load the encrypted file using SQL*Loader and then decrypt once inside of Oracle.

Anything less is just a question of how "secure" secure is.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Feb 03 2001 - 22:16:34 CST