Re: Dropping a user locked by error ora-00600

From: Mike Krolewski <mkrolewski_at_rii.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 17:28:20 GMT

In article <95e9p6$jnt$1_at_cubacola.tninet.se>,   "carl-henrik hilborn" <hilborn_at_mail.bip.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a big problem; I am doing some rather straight forward PL/SQL
> developing on an 8.1.5i database. I have also made the misstake to
 create a
> circular reference between two packages. As a result from this they
> invalidate each other and cannot be re-compiled.
> When I try to drop the packages or user, (drop user 'user' cascade),
 the
> error ora-00600 occurs.
>
> How can I resolve this? Does anyone have a similar experience?
>
> I appreciate any help on the matter
>
> --
> Regards
> Carl-Henrik Hilborn
> hilborn_at_mail.bip.net

ora-600 are generally due to severe data corruption. Try, like the other writer suggested, to create dummy procedures/packages with just the headers and no body. Then delete them completely.

When ora-600 happens within a table, the usual fix is to reload the data associated with the table. I believe most people try removing the indexes first. I am not sure what one would do with a package.

--
Michael Krolewski
Rosetta Inpharmatics

Sent via Deja.com