How many secs do you wait to connect ?

From: BP <BPALUSES_at_PWRR.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:51:41 -0500

Hi,

 We've just started converting from COMPAQ (ok digital) VMS to ORACLE. The connection time to the database (either via program or interactive) takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds. Is this normal or do we need to beef up our memory ? We don't wan't to sink a lot of $$ into extra hardware if the return is minimal. Right now we've got an ALPHA 2100 with 256K of memory. Most times this machine is hardly being taxed at all, but the memory does spike when we connect to the database. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or experiences on the subject.

Bob Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 10:51:41 CST