Re: UTL_FILE restrictions with 7.3.4

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:28:41 GMT

In article <3A75ECC9.256B86E5_at_andaro.com>,   Christof =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=FCller?= <christof.mueller_at_andaro.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> can anybody tell me if there are an restrictions with UTL_FILE
> package (V7.3.4)
> with respect to filesize and linesize (reading and writing)?
>
> Many thanks in advance

On most systems the max line size is 1023 bytes. Both the max linesize and filesize would be OS dependent. The file size is probably 2G or 4G for 32 bit OS's. The default max linesize of 1023 is listed in the package specification. You can find the package documented in the Application Developers Guide.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/