SQL for NOT_LOCKED?

From: <mikedba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 05:29:18 GMT

We have an app in which the users will be editing many records, but they do not care to navigate to a particular record to edit. Instead, all they want to do is navigate to ANY other record that meets 2 criteria: 1) It has a NULL in one particular field, and 2) it is not already being edited by somebody else.

The app will be a Windows app (Delphi, using Direct Oracle Access), and we think we know how to handle everything except getting the query to bypass records that are locked by other users.

If it is not practical to ascertain the locked status directly, we have considered many other approaches to accomplish the concurrency control that we will need.... but we'd be very happy to hear your suggestions if it sounds like we're going about this in a crazy manner.

(Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris)

mIKE

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 23:29:18 CST