Re: Oracle 8i ODBC from ASP/IIS ... flaky connections

From: Mike Morgan <mike.g.morgan_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 04:06:47 GMT

Check your SQLNET.ORA file in your client's ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory. If NAMES.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=NTS is there, comment it out. We had similar problems which disappeared when NTS was not used for authentication - I believe it is the default configuration in a Windows environment.

Mike Morgan