Re: sqlload:2 questions

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:48:09 +0100

It is not possible to start sqlloader from pl/sql. It is possible to start it from sq*plus, as it should be possible to start it from

- MS DOS batch files
- Vbscript
- Perl
- Tcl

To mention a few scripting solutions.
2 As per the manual it is possible to replace the infile keyword in the control file with the data= keyword on the command line.

Tip : Guy Harrisson has published a book called the Oracle Desk Reference. This is a one volume manual with the complete sql, pl/sql and tools syntax. Published by Prentice Hall, $34.99, NLG 113.65 and EUR 51.30

Regards,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA