Re: Oracle newbiew question

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 21:36:45 GMT

Hi David,

Your username/password will be all you need..you will have been created as a user in a particular database..if you have the necessary privileges you can try:

SQL> select name from v$database;

NAME

ORACLE or, just ask someone !

Hth,

Steve

It's not as much of an issue as it is with other RDBMS products.

In article <3A6ACD1C.7A094727_at_hotmail.com>,   nachosrule351_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I just got an Oracle accont from my UNIX administrator.
>
> And I just logged onto sqlplus for the first time. Then I preceeded
> create a table, populated it with some data. So far, so good.
>
> But how in the world do I find the name of the database that the new
> table is in? My guess is my login account is, but is there a command
> that will tell me the name of the current database?
>
> Your help will be much appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sun Jan 21 2001 - 15:36:45 CST