Oracle newbiew question

From: David S. Cho <nachosrule351_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:50:52 -0800

I just got an Oracle accont from my UNIX administrator.

And I just logged onto sqlplus for the first time. Then I preceeded to create a table, populated it with some data. So far, so good.

But how in the world do I find the name of the database that the new table is in? My guess is my login account is, but is there a command that will tell me the name of the current database?

Your help will be much appreciated. Received on Sun Jan 21 2001 - 05:50:52 CST