Oracle SQL and Like Clause

From: JF <john.fitzgerald_at_mainframe.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:11:39 -0800

I can't beleive a query like the one below is case sensitive in Oracle

Select ID from ARTICLES where TITLE like '%Uni%'

will find records containing...

big University
Universally etc

won't find

UNISON
universal

Is there any way to use SQL with the Like clause in Oracle so that it's not case sensitive?

I know that I can use interMedia indexing but that's overkill for what I'm doing, i.e. I don't want to index every searchable column in the db.

The same query worked sweet in SQL Server! Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 17:11:39 CST