more oracle install probs on Linux-mdk

From: William H. Fissell <whf_at_alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:00:05 -0500

Hello,

I tried firing up the enterprise manager by executing

/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin

and I got

[oracle_at_kolff oracle]$ emca

Oracle Enterprise Manager Version 2.2.0.0.0 - Configuration Assistant SIGSEGV received at befffaa4 in /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6. Processing terminated
Writing stack trace to javacore12275.txt ... OK Segmentation fault
[oracle_at_kolff oracle]$

I have yet to get any oracle product besides sqlplus to work on any Linux installation. I'm disappointed, and I'm unlikely to spend $200 on a developer license, let alone $5k on a single-user license, if the download segmentation-faults.

Any suggestions (other than things like "use mySQL") would be appreciated :-)

thanks in advance

Bill Fissell Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 12:00:05 CST