two errors

From: Marek Smith <m.rezac_at_sh.cvut.cz>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:01:29 +0100

Hello!

My first problem is called "ORA-6420" Exactly: ORA-06420 NETCMN: SID lookup failure
Cause: From the remote host's server: the database SID, specified in the login (connect) string, was not recognized. Action: Add the appropriate SID entry to the CONFIG.ORA or ORATAB file on the remote host (restarting the remote server may be needed). It occurs after I call "drop database link". Before that I operate with the link well.

The second question is about ORA-17410 - No more data to read from socket . It's a JDBC error. I have always the same batch but at times I receive this error message.

What's wrong?
Thank you

    Marek Received on Wed Jan 17 2001 - 07:01:29 CST