Re: scripting question

From: <aqs472_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:39:53 GMT

rsh will enable you to connect to the remote server and execute a command. As for scheduling the thing, you can do that through cron. Needless to say, you will need a userid defined for you in the remote machine.

In article <t674no3roskg84_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Matt Gross" <mattgross_at_NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a question about building a script. Here is what I need the
 script to
> do. First, I need it to login to another unix machine (is this through
> telnet?) and then on that machine I need it to somehow log into
 sqlplus and
> execute a *.sql script. Does anyone know how I can do this? Finally,
 I will
> need to set this up to run every morning at say around 8 am. Can
 anyone help
> with this or at least point me in a direction to search for info?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 14:39:53 CST