Re: scripting question

From: Steve <steve_at_nospam.twovoyagers.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:41:45 +0000

Matt Gross wrote:

> My problem is that the only way that I can connect to the machine that has
> the data is through telnet. I highly doubt that the Unix admin for that
> machine will want to grant me auto-login access. Does this bring me back to
> using expect?

  Expect will automate the telnet session. IOW, it will send a command (like telnet remote.host.com), wait for a response, (like username:) send the appropriate response, wait for a prompt, and so on throughout the entire session.

  Cron will tell your expect script what time to execute.

--
Steve Ackman
Glass Host, Arts & Crafts                  http://www.delphi.com/crafts