JDBC PreparedStatements and Oracle sequences

From: Chuck <cabenson_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:38:22 -0800

I am taking data from a form in a Java app and populating an Oracle table through a JDBC connection. Before I insert a new record through the Java app, I need to know what the current value of the sequence is in Oracle (mysequence.currval).

So, the app needs to query the database for the current sequence value in the database and then use this value to do a record insertion from the application.

Any suggestions on how to query the database for this value?

Thanks,
Chuck Received on Thu Jan 11 2001 - 10:38:22 CST