Re: oracle

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 23:28:11 GMT

I hope I don't butcher my response too badly; my high school French is pretty rusty (25 years ago).

  1. SQL Server is an database and plsql is a procedural language that Oracle uses as an extension to SQL. (If I understand your question correctly). SQL Server uses an extension to SQL they call Transact SQL. PLSQL and Transact SQL are totally incompatable with each other. I suspect that your real question is What are the differences between SQL server and Oracle? Probably best to use DejaVue to search news articles since this question has been beaten to death.

Here is Oracle's web page geared to French Professionals: http://www.oracle.com/fr/

Hope that helps.
Chow,
Jim

--
Our new email address is kennedy-family_at_home.com
Have a happy Holiday.