help newbies

From: danukusmana <danukusmana_at_investorindonesia.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 20:49:10 +0700

hai
this is my first time. I have succeded install oracle8.1.6 re2 on linux (RH6.2). I have created database name oralin.showbizindonesia.com. I have followed all the tutorials in Oracle8i for Linux Starter Kit book. The problems is in that book I can't found any guide to admin any database like MySQL did; etc show databases or show tables command. The second problem is I want to use 2 server; 1 for database (oracle) and the other for the web and applications, but I don't understand how in the hell to use Oracle to do that? The tutorials in that book; specially about net8 didn't explained the way I wanted. Is there any tutorials I can follow or are U guys can help me out?

Thanx Received on Sat Jan 06 2001 - 07:49:10 CST