Re: help newbies

From: <fbourdages_at_mobilair.qc.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:43:50 GMT

You can use the dictionnairy to see all the object int the database. There is a lot of views you can see. first log on to sql plus or worksheet or server manager (with internal) and : select * from dict. you'll see a lot of view.

You could use "shema manager" to

In article
<Pine.BSF.4.21.0101062040010.428-100000_at_danukusmana.investorindonesia.co m>,
  danukusmana <danukusmana_at_investorindonesia.com> wrote:
> hai
> this is my first time. I have succeded install oracle8.1.6 re2 on
 linux
> (RH6.2). I have created database name oralin.showbizindonesia.com. I
 have
> followed all the tutorials in Oracle8i for Linux Starter Kit book. The
> problems is in that book I can't found any guide to admin any database
> like MySQL did; etc show databases or show tables command. The second
> problem is I want to use 2 server; 1 for database (oracle) and the
 other
> for the web and applications, but I don't understand how in the hell
> use Oracle to do that? The tutorials in that book; specially about
 net8
> didn't explained the way I wanted. Is there any tutorials I can follow
 or
> are U guys can help me out?
>
> Thanx

Sent via Deja.com