Re: query tool?

From: res0642b <res0642b_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 03:27:43 GMT

Jonathan,

Try the SQL*Worksheet (now called SQL*Plus worksheet) in the Enterprise Manager. As long as you don't use it for production purposes, you can probably get a trial license.

It has history, spooling, and the result sets scroll out in even lines! Amazing but true.

Sql*plus is antiquated. It does take a touch of expertise to make it work the way you want it to work. You will also find it is your best tool when you become an experienced, hard-core DBA and you get away from those touchy-feely graphical tools. Am I showing my age?

;)

Really, there is no better way to become an Oracle expert than to force yourself to use sql*plus. You really have to learn the internals of Oracle to be able to function with sql*plus.

hth,

Jack
Senior DBA @ http://www.xol.com