Re: oracle client support of older versions

From: Ted Knijff <knijff_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:51:21 GMT

Yes, we got this to work. Problem is, you need the oui, Oracle Universal Installer because the client stuff comes as jar files which you setup using oui. Be careful with the oracle_home settings. The oui will merrily overwrite a working set with a not working set if you install in the same oracle_home as the 8.0.5 client or 8.0.5 OEM.

The other way around, 8.0.5 client against 8.1.7 server also works.

Ted

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:19:32 +0100, eric schatz <erich.schatz_at_basler.ch> wrote:

>does a oracle 8.1.6 client support access to 8.0.5. and 8.0.6. oracle
>enterprise edition
>servers ? where can i find this information from oracle (metalink ?)
>
>any help is appreciated
>eric

EMail: knijff_at_bigfoot.com Received on Wed Jan 03 2001 - 11:51:21 CST