Re: Info about creating a second instance on a server

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 20:26:13 +0100

The answer to setting up is platform specific and you don't include your platform. Generally speaking info about this is in the getting started manual for your platform.

As you as you run two instances you need to configure sqlnet, especially listener.ora and services.ora. You can use any assistant for this purposes though the Net8 configuration assistant is the most comprehensive.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA