Re: Help, Newie!

From: <steveee_ca_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 15:50:49 GMT

Make sure your listener is running..you can do this by going to the command line and typing:

C:> lsnrctl

This starts the listener control utility...when your prompt changes to

lsnrctl>

type

start

You can also type the word 'status' to see if it's running but typing start will either start it or tell you it's already started..if on NT, you can also check your services to make sure the Oracle services are all set to automatically start..there'll be at least two, likely more with the word 'Oracle' in them...

Steve

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sat Dec 23 2000 - 09:50:49 CST