Re: ORA-03117 Two-task save area overflow (ORACLE 8)

From: <jw_c_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:56:15 GMT

In article <3A41448E.A908E8FD_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>,   "Christopher M. Day" <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Detail please of platform, oracle version and maybe a copy of
> the pl/sql library that calls this external program. Might be able
> to shed some light.

> jw_c_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > In testing an Oracle external procedure, I suddenly started getting
> > message "ORA-03117 Two task save area overflow".

First Database: Oracle 8.1.5.0.0 and Solaris 2.7 Second Database: Oracle 8.0.5 and Solaris 2.6

One interesting thing is that execution never seems to be reaching the external procedure, or even the stored procedure which actually calls the external procedure.

The call tree is:

PRO-C program does some inserts or updates (on tables which are actually synonyms for tables in second database), then calls stored PL/SQL procedure.
PL/SQL Procedure does an insert on a table on the first database, then calls external (C) procedure, which inserts or updates into another table which is yet another synomym for a table on the second database.

There are a couple of IN OUT parameters which aren't getting modified at all, and one of them is modified at the beginning of the PL/SQL procedure. So I think the error is happening right as the call is made.

The program had been working, at least the calls to the stored procedures were.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Dec 21 2000 - 12:56:15 CST