developer 2000 forms disable button

From: <ssharma24_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:31:58 GMT

Developer 2000 forms disable button
situation:
There is a “buttonA” that has two possible labels say “This” and “That” The “when button pressed trigger” on the “buttonA” changes the labels on it as well as switch the enable, displayed, navigable properties of two items say blocka.itema and blocka.itemb. If the cursor is inside the itema or itemb and the user press the buttona then the user gets errors…like can not change the property enabled, displayed of the current item…while the cursor is inside it…

So, what I want to do is put an if statement somewhere saying disable buttona if the cursor is inside either of the above mentioned items.. i.e.
if (:system.current_item = :blocka.itema) (:system.current_item = :blocka.itemb) then
set_item_property ('CONTROL.buttona', ENABLED, PROPERTY_FALSE); ELSE
set_item_property ('CONTROL. buttona ', ENABLED, PROPERTY_TRUE); END IF; Problem: I don’t know where I should put this statement…..in what trigger???on the block???or the items in question??? Please help…

I tried.. putting
 set_item_property ('CONTROL.buttona', ENABLED, PROPERTY_FALSE); in when-new-item-instance on both the items…that did the trick…but then I didn’t know where to put the statement to enable the button again..

thanks….

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 20 2000 - 17:31:58 CST