oracle 8i personal ed on win98 lan

From: Maurits Groenenberg <groenenberg.m_at_net.hcc.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:59:30 +0100

hello

I am using developper 6, oracle 8i pe en designer versions downloaded from oracle web

At home I installed the software on two pc's running windows 98 in a LAN

I use a third PC (pent 100, 1GB Hdisk, 64 Mb ram) running win 98 and tried to use it as a client to connect to one of the databases running on the server pc's, but i did not succeed (navigator, net8, easy config, config assistant, ping.exe etc) I tried several protocols but my question is :

is it possible with this configuration to setup a client/server configuration ( if yes, how? usually no tns listener) Received on Sun Dec 10 2000 - 10:59:30 CST