Oracle Listener Stalling on Red Hat 7

From: Matt Gross <mattgross_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 03:27:38 -0800

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the best place to post this message, but I'm having a problem with oracle that I have loaded on my linux red hat 7. The listener is constantly hanging or stalling. When I try to access the database I keep getting oracle error 12545: ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist. However, if I bounce the listener (stop and restart) I have no problem connecting for a few minutes after, but if I wait to long then it stalls again. Does anyone know why this is happening?

THanks,

Matt Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 05:27:38 CST