Re: Oracle 8i on Win98

From: Adam Jenkins <adam_jenkins_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:31:52 +1000

I have the same issue with 8i on 98...keep getting no listener error when trying to use the database, could you let me know if anyone comes up with anything Christina...thanks, adam

adamjenkins_at_hotmail.com

"Christina" <candrews14_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:t2o6nhrd870u2b_at_corp.supernews.com...
> Hi! I have installed the trial version of Personal Edition 8i on a win 98
 platform. I want to construct a basic db with it to compare the
> interface and usability with MS Access but (I feel really ridiculous
 admitting this) I can't even open a blank database to set up some fields and
> data to play with.
>
> I know Oracle is a complex program but what am I doing wrong? I've turned
 on the db, used db config asst to create a new db, but how do